Sunday, November 23, 2014

Coil Pinch Pots

When starting out, we were instructed to use quick drying clay and first make it into a big ball. Then, you begin to dig down in the very middle while also shaping the walls. You gently had to pull and stretch to create the shape of the bowl you wanted. Once I was satisfied with how large the pot was, I smoothed out my walls and any other cracks I could find with slip (liquefied clay solution). I then began curving my walls to look like a sea anemone. I then took a fork and played with textures on the outside of my walls, and then set it out to dry. Once I gave the clay anemone a day to dry, I took sea green and pink acrylic paint to it. The result was very sea like and I really liked how it came out. This was one of the more fun projects to me.


 

For the full tutorial, go to http://myartisticodyssey.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment