Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Georgia O' Keefe Flower

 

 

We designed a flower by looking at it from a certain perspective, then duplicating that perspective on paper. I originally was looking through a tiny square when I was creating my perspective. When I began painting, I noticed how there are different hues of orange in the flower and tried to capture that by mixing colors together. The flower is the lightest in the middle and gets slightly darker around the edges. I had playing with color in this project as well as filling the open space with random lines. I think they add a sort of leafy texture to the painting. I definitely felt this flowers bright colors was a representation of who I am as a person.

For the full tutorial, go to http://silvermagpieart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment